Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What KIDS need

I am the parent of a special needs child and I am so discouraged with
our elected officials. It is becoming more clear to me that the issue
of SPECIAL NEEDS that is on the table this session has become a
partisan issue. Not an issue to help children in need. Children with
special needs. What has happened to you people? You CHOOSE to call
tax-credits ..VOUCHERS...this is not vouchers. You ELECTED officials
KNOW this ...and if you don't...why are you there? Why are you
PRETENDING to represent. This isn't a democrat or republican
issue...it's a "kids help me, I'm in trouble" issue. And you are
ignoring them. I am a lifelong registered democrat. STOP being
afraid of a teachers union. This isn't against them....it's FOR the
kids...their families, like mine that struggle to keep them abreast.
NOT EVEN AHEAD...simply abreast. Do you have any idea what it's like
to hear my son say...."I just want to be normal." He is normal...he
just can't get it from his brain to the paper. PLEASE PLEASE set
aside your partisan,stance and think.

-Susan

No comments: